The activities of the American Forensic Association are carried out in an annual meeting in November of each year and through a committee structure. Below is information on the basic AFA organizational documents and documents related to the annual meeting. Our Credo.
- AFA officers Elected and appointed Constitutional officers of the American Forensic Association.
- Organizational Documents The Constitution and Bylaws of the American Forensics Association and other documents associated with the organization.
- Annual Meeting. Minutes and agendas for the American Forensic Association annual meeting held each year in November.
- Minutes of the annual meeting Minutes for the American Forensic Association annual meetings held each year in November
- AFA Newsletter, Newsletters for the American Forensics Association published four times a year.
Committees of the Association
- National Council The Executive Committee of the Association responsible for the agenda at the National Meeting and for acting for the Association between Annual Meetings.
- Educational Practice Committee.Responsible for developing, reporting, and promoting practices that strengthen forensic pedagogy, whether in classrooms, forums, competition, or other circumstances.
- Finance Committee Responsible for planning and overseeing the Association\’s fiscal affairs
- Professional Development Committee Responsible for developing and supporting the highest standards of professional conduct within forensics, and for representing the professional interests of the Association’s members to all appropriate constituencies.
- Publications Committee Responsible for planning, supervising, and monitoring all publications sponsored by this Association.
- Research Committee Responsible for the encouragement, development, and evaluation of research activity throughout the profession.
- AFA Officers
- AFA Code of Forensics Program and Forensics Tournament Standards for Colleges and Universities
- National Debate Tournament Charter
- National Individual Events Tournament Charter
Updated: 27 August 2019